Download best and popular Unicode and ANSI Nepali fonts for FREE. You can install any Nepali TrueType (.ttf) fonts on your iPhone or Android devices. For this, download one of the font and view instructions at the end for installation guide.
Download ANSI fonts and start typing in Nepali straightaway.
There are many Unicode Nepali fonts available for free download. Below are some of the most popular and beautiful one.
1) First of all, you need to download one of the above Nepali font on your Android device
2) Go to Download app section on your device. If you cannot find, you can search for it among your application.
3) The font you have downloaded will be compressed into a ZIP file. So you need to unzip and extract the file. Extract the font to Android SD Card > iFont > Custom.
4) The font will now be located in My Fonts on a custom font.
5) You can now open it to preview the font and click on Set button to install it on your device.
6) Open Apps such as Word, number and select the font you have just installed to start typing in Nepali.
NOTE: For detailed instructions with illustration, please visit Creative Fabrica.
Both ANSI and UTF-8 are encoding formats. ANSI is a Microsoft-related standard for character and it is used to encode Latin Alphabets. Whereas, UTF-8 is one of the implementations of Unicode that includes more than 128,000 characters.
Unicode is a universal character encoding standard. It defines how individual character is represented in web pages or any other types of text files and documents.
There are different types of Unicode encoding with UTF-8 and UTF-16 being the most common. The UTF-8 encoding is used on the Web and it is the default encoding standard used in many software programs.
UTF-8 Unicode encoding can support up to four bytes to represent characters. For English characters, UTF-8 uses only one byte. European (Latin), Hebrew, and Arabic characters are represented with two bytes. On the other hand, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and other Asian characters are represented with three bytes. Some special characters are even represented with four bytes.
To do this you need to first download ANSI fonts from one the link above. After this, you can open any text editor such as Microsoft Word, select Nepali font you have downloaded earlier and start typing.
Typing in Nepali can be difficult using a Roman keyboard. To help you with the mapping of Nepali letters we have a keyboard layout. You can download this by visiting this link.